Coronavirus - Help and Support
- The Active Wellbeing Society - A local Birmingham service offering a friendly chat if you are lonely, advice on staying healthy at home and information about coronavirus, as well as help with getting urgent food, sanitary or household supplies if you are self-isolating. Complete the online form or call 0121 728 7030 during office hours.
- NHS Volunteer Responders - A national service offering support for vulnerable individuals who are self-isolating. This includes telephone support to prevent loneliness, and practical help with collection and delivery of shopping, medication or other essential supplies. If you have received a letter advising you to 'shield', you can request short-term help by calling 0808 196 3646 (08:00-20:00). Otherwise, contact the surgery on 0121 628 2345 to request a referral
- Every Mind Matters - Looking after you mental health and wellbeing whilst staying at home, and offering tips on coronavirus anxiety
- Health Exchange - Social prescribing for patients who are lonely or in social isolation, providing a listening ear and coaching them through these uncertain times. Contact the surgery on 0121 628 2345 to request a referral from a GP
Birmingham City Council
- Coronavirus advice - Links to local and national guidance, advice on affected council services and support for businesses and residents
Local Support Groups
- Carers UK - Offering support for carers for helping protect those you care for, including advice on making a contingency plan
If you are controlled or physically, sexually, economically or emotionally abused by a partner, ex-partner or family member, this is domestic abuse. Household isolation rules do not apply. Police and support services remain available.
Find out how to get help if you or someone you know is a victim of domestic abuse.